PayPal vs Stripe
Safe Activation is integrated with many online stores and payment processors to create an order Transaction and deliver a Serial Number to the customer.
For the most comprehensive integration, lowest cost and advanced features, many developers choose PayPal or Stripe as their Payment processor. The purchase process typically starts when the customer clicks a Buy or Subscribe button on the vendor website.
Paypal has been used by developers and integrated with Safe Activation for many years making it the dominate choice for existing Safe Activation account. Some developers prefer the added flexibility, control and customized integration of Stripe credit card processing.
Which option is best for your project?
With Safe Activation Service 3 use PayPal, Stripe or both to automate the purchase process.
- Both support Product and Subscription purchases. A Serial Number can be delivered by email or retrieved from the download page after completing the purchase. Paypal allows a discounted price for the first month of a Subscription.
- Both support periodic Subscription payments and give the customer or vendor the ability to cancel the Subscription and disable the license. Stripe is more flexible by allowing the customer to indicate their intent to cancel at the end of their subscription period. With Paypal, customers should wait until the end of the subscription period before they cancel.
- Both allow the customer to change or update payment information used by a Subscription license. With Paypal, the user makes changes from a Paypal account that is auto-generated for them during purchase. With Stripe, an automated Payment Portal provides a more flexible, customized approach.
- If a credit card issue occurs during a monthly subscription renew, both systems give the customer a few days to resolve the issue. Stripe provides more flexibility and options if a subscription payment fails.
- Paypal buttons do not support discount codes by default. With additional setup effort within Safe Activation, discount codes can be created. The setup process for discount or Promo codes in Stripe is easier.
- Both support payments in many countries, different fraud prevention and conflict resolution or chargeback policies.
- Paypal supports Affiliate Buy buttons for notifications and commissions when an Affiliate purchase occurs. Safe Activation shows a screen of monthly Affilicate sales so a Vendor can manually send commission payments.
- Stripe supports fully automated commission payments to a connected Payee Stripe account for Affiliates, Resellers, Suppliers, App developers or others.
- Both allow button prices to be changed. With Paypal, HTML button code must be updated on the vendor website. With Stripe, the price of a button can be changed on Safe Activation with no change required on the vendor website.
- If you plan to sell multiple products at once on a single credit card transaction using the integrated shopping cart built into Safe Activation, then use Paypal.